Guests at Disney California Adventure Park will welcome the Year of the Pig with 24 days of live entertainment, food, merchandise and more
ANAHEIM, Calif. (Jan. 9, 2019) – Disneyland Resort rings in the Year of the Pig this Lunar New Year at Disney California Adventure Park, Friday, Jan. 25 to Sunday, Feb. 17, 2019. During the 24 days of this multicultural celebration, guests will experience exciting live entertainment and musical performances, including an enhanced “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession,” fun-filled arts and crafts, beautiful décor, delicious cuisine and themed merchandise for the whole family to enjoy. Even the Three Little Pigs join in the fun with a rare appearance.
Guests at the Lunar New Year celebration will discover a touch of Disney magic as they experience Asian culture through inspired food, music and entertainment with their family and friends, all to welcome another year of good fortune. Lunar New Year, traditionally celebrated within Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures, commemorates the moment when both the sun and the moon begin their journey for another year. Highlights of the Lunar New Year celebration at Disney California Adventure include:
- “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession,” a bright and bold parade hosted by Mulan and her faithful dragon, Mushu, that honors Lunar New Year and celebrates family and friendship. As a special treat for the Year of the Pig, the Three Little Pigs (Fiddler, Fifer and Practical) join the procession in their full holiday garb, along with Goofy in his “god of Good Fortune” attire and Chip ‘n’ Dale in their red vests. “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession” is enhanced this year with a longer processional route, from Pixar Pier to Paradise Gardens Park, where guests will gather to watch the festivities. A troupe of Chinese performers bring additional dancers, martial artists and drummers to add extra excitement to the beautiful and colorful procession.
- Beloved characters Mulan, Mushu, Pluto, Mickey and Minnie donning their Lunar New Year attire and greeting guests at Paradise Gardens Park.
- Four Asian marketplaces offering delightful foods inspired by Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures, all with a Disney twist. New this year is the Sip and Savor pass, available for any guest to purchase if they wish to get the best value as they taste their way through the festive Asian marketplaces.
- A special Lunar New Year menu at Paradise Garden Grill that offers items inspired by traditional Asian fare, plus a new Festival Food and Beverage Cart inside Paradise Gardens.
- Live, daily performances with authentic
- An area for guests to try complimentary arts and crafts with local artisans, including Chinese calligraphy, paper lantern making and face painting.
- A Lucky Wishing Wall, where guests may add their own wishes for a wonderful
- Beautiful Lunar New Year décor, including ornamental lanterns and banners wishing guests a Happy Lunar New Year in English, Chinese, Korean and
- New Lunar New Year merchandise inspired by different cultures of East Asia.
In addition, the Disneyland Resort is offering special, limited-time ticket and hotel offers during the Lunar New Year celebration, making this an ideal time for guests to visit Disney California Adventure. Guests may find more information at Disneyland.com.
About the Disneyland Resort
The Disneyland Resort features two spectacular theme parks – Disneyland (the original Disney theme park) and Disney California Adventure Park – plus three hotels and the Downtown Disney District, comprising unique dining, entertainment and shopping experiences. The Resort’s hotels are the luxurious, 948-room Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, which also features 50 two-bedroom equivalent Disney Vacation Club units; the magical, 973-room Disneyland Hotel – both AAA Four Diamond properties – and the 481-room Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel with its “day-at-the-beach” theme. For information on attractions and vacations at the Disneyland Resort, visit Disneyland.com, call (866) 43-DISNEY or contact local travel agents. Located in Anaheim, Calif., the Disneyland Resort opened July 17, 1955. Open daily, year-round.