Disney California Adventure Park Expands Lunar New Year Festivities to 24 Days, Featuring ‘Hurry Home – Lunar New Year Celebration,’ ‘Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession’ and More
ANAHEIM, Calif. (Nov. 21, 2017) – Disneyland Resort will bring its biggest Lunar New Year celebration yet to Disney California Adventure Park, Friday, Jan. 26 to Sunday, Feb. 18, 2018. To commemorate the Year of the Dog, guests will experience more Lunar New Year fun than ever before as the celebration expands to 24 days full of multicultural performances, fun-filled activities, beautiful décor, delicious cuisine and themed merchandise to celebrate the start of a new year.
Guests at the Lunar New Year festivities will discover plenty of Disney magic as they experience Asian culture through inspired food, music and entertainment with their family and friends. Lunar New Year, traditionally celebrated within Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures, commemorates the moment when both the sun and the moon begin their journey for another year. Highlights of the Lunar New Year celebration at Disney California Adventure will include:
- God of Good Fortune Goofy and Pluto greet guests at the Disneyland Resort Lunar New Year celebration, along with pals Mickey, Minnie, Mulan and Mushu, all dressed in their Lunar New Year attire
- “Hurry Home—Lunar New Year Celebration,” the heartwarming nighttime water show at Paradise Bay prior to “World of Color” which tells the tale of a little lantern’s quest to reunite with family for the annual celebration of good luck and fortune
- “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession,” a magical celebration hosted by Mulan and Mushu that honors Lunar New Year and celebrates family and friendship
- Three Asian marketplaces offering delightful foods inspired by Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures, as well as a special Lunar New Year menu at Paradise Garden Grill
- Live, daily performances with authentic musicians, and an area for guests to try their hand at arts and crafts with local artisans
- A Lucky Wishing Wall, where guests may add their own wishes for a wonderful future
- Beautiful Lunar New Year décor, including ornamental lanterns and banners wishing guests a Happy Lunar New Year in English, Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese
- New Lunar New Year merchandise inspired by different cultures of East Asia
For a limited time, guests of the Disneyland Resort will celebrate the lively and colorful traditions of Lunar New Year, only at Disney California Adventure. Guests may check for daily entertainment schedules as they become available, at Disneyland.com/LunarNewYear.
About the Disneyland Resort
The Disneyland Resort features two spectacular theme parks – Disneyland (the original Disney theme park) and Disney California Adventure Park – plus three hotels and the Downtown Disney District, comprising unique dining, entertainment and shopping experiences. The Resort’s hotels are the luxurious, 948-room Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, which also features 50 two-bedroom equivalent Disney Vacation Club units; the magical, 973-room Disneyland Hotel – both AAA Four Diamond properties – and the 481-room Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel with its “day-at-the-beach” theme. For information on attractions and vacations at the Disneyland Resort, visit Disneyland.com, call (866) 43-DISNEY or contact local travel agents. Located in Anaheim, Calif., the Disneyland Resort opened July 17, 1955. Open daily, year-round.
Disneyland Resort Public Relations 714-781-4500