Guests will experience more fun than ever at Disney California Adventure Park this summer, with an opportunity to “Hero Up” during the epic Summer of Heroes. Beginning May 27, 2017, special entertainment and limited-time experiences will thrill guests of all ages as some favorite Super Hero stories come to life in Hollywood Land. Also opening May 27 is the new attraction Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
Learn Some Terms from the Super Hero Universe
Super Hero fans may recognize these terms from films, comic books and animated TV series, while those new to the stories will have fun learning terms of the Super Hero Universe that come to life during Summer of Heroes.
- Terra – The planet known as Earth
- Terrans – Citizens of Earth, also known as humans
- Vitrine – The glass display case that houses each of the Guardians of the Galaxy in The Collector’s Fortress
- Gantry lift – The vehicle guests board in the new attraction, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!, as they help Rocket bust his fellow Guardians out of captivity.
- Knowhere – The realm at the edge of the universe, located inside the floating head of an unidentified Celestial. The Collector has made it a mining colony.
- Celestial language – The language used in Knowhere, with its own Celestial alphabet
- Avengers – The most prestigious and mightiest Super Hero team on Earth; an ever- shifting assemblage of super beings, adventurers and crime fighters devoted to protecting the planet from menaces beyond the scope of conventional authorities.
Encounter Epic Super Hero Fun
- “Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off!”
- “ABC” by The Jackson 5 – 1970
- “Come and Get Your Love” by Redbone – 1973
- “Fox on the Run” by Sweet – 1975
- “Shake Your Groove Thin” by Peaches & Herb – 1978
- “All Over the World” by Electric Light Orchestra – 1980
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
- Heroic Encounters with Spider-Man and Captain America in Hollywood Land
Limited-Time Summer of Heroes Entertainment
- Heroic Encounter with Black Widow
Heroic Food and Beverage
- Dishes and drinks in lively colors of green, purple, red, blue and orange reflect the bold personalities of some favorite Super Heroes.
- Guests will find Super Hero-inspired eats at six different locations in the Hollywood Land area, including Schmoozies, Award Wieners and Market Place.
- Guests may try a variety of new dishes and fun, themed beverages, each with a Summer of Heroes theme.
- Inspired by baby Groot, the new dessert Angry Little Pudding Cup features chocolate pudding with crumbled chocolate sandwich cookie, whipped cream and funnel cake fries.
- Guests who enjoy the Mickey-shaped sourdough bread available in Disney California Adventure will want to check out the fun, new Groot-shaped sourdough and jalapeno breads.
- The Most Dangerous Tacos in the Galaxy, a must-try, are inspired by the fiery personality of Gamora, featuring barbacoa, green onion slaw and habanero salsa.
Summer of Heroes Merchandise:
- On their shopping adventures, guests may choose from four new product lines, each with a unique theme to celebrate Super Heroes at Disney California Adventure.
- Ten popular toys and games inspired by the ‘70s and ‘80s are sure to be a hit with the young at heart, including mini arcade games and light-up toys.
- Guests may take home their own Groot, Cosmo, Rocket and Howard the Duck plush, packaged in a vitrine case and available from The Collector’s personal collection. Disgruntled employees who work for The Collector have decided everything must go.
- Retro-inspired apparel takes cues from 1970s style fonts, colors and designs.
- Pin traders looking to add to their collections may choose from eight new Super Hero-inspired trading pins.
- Guests will pay homage to some of their favorite characters with Super Hero shirts, available in five designs resembling the armor and costumes of classic Super Hero characters.